Ticks are the blood-sucking insects and indirectly causing tick born diseases. The best way is to control through Biological means. They become very active in the night when there is dark and the weather is mild. I would like you also read the ethnoveterinary measures of the camel herders to control such troubleshooting.Ethnoveterinary treatments by dromedary camel herders in the Suleiman Mountainous Region in Pakistan: an observation and questionnaire study
Sometimes, you cannot see on the camels’ body in the daytime. You even do not notice if there are ticks near or on the camels. Here, I share some pictures (the steps and ticks’ pictures) which will help you in understanding.
The best way is to control biologically;
- The chickens if not provided other feed, they better eat the ticks.
- All partridges, especially Guinea fowl also a good eater of the ticks.
- Some wood oil application on the camels’ body
- Some trees, like Loghone, is very good
- Removing the unwanted waste material especially wood, hay, empty bags will also help in control.