Habitat: The original area of the breed is Zhob (Thora khula, Shighala, Chukhen, Kunder.Mandokhail, Sherani, Harifal, Babar, Kakar), Musakhail district (Kudazi, and Essot areas). The breed is mainly found in Waziristan of FATA (federally administrated areas). The tribes of the breed are mainly Ghourghasti clans of Pashtoon i.e. Kakar, MandoKhail, Kudazai Musakhail and Essot.
Phenotypic characteristics: The sheep is white in color with black ear or complete face. The wool is fine and dense. The body size is larger than that of Kajalle.
Vegetation: The vegetation of the area like by the breed is consisting of Saba, Sargarre, Warrwashai, Spinazghai, Viza, Ghalmai, Zumai, Paha, Tharkha. Zumai and Ghalmai.
- Mountainous in nature like goat
- Well in training and obey the orders of shepherd
- Snow white wool
- More weight and height compare to Kajalle
- The ghee is fattier (more density) (Stokh) than any other breed of the region.
- Prolificacy rate is more, i.e. more number of offspring in life time of the ewe
- Good learning and obedient animal with the shepherd and owner
Option hope: can use the vegetation of high altitude and consume woody vegetation.
Economic importance: Source of income and livelihood. Wool is more economically important, but now a day the prices have gone very low. Good for hard days. The pastoral people never intend to sell their animals regularly, especially female but only sell in hard days.