Policy Level Initiatives are Needed for Camel Milk in Pakistan

Camels4Life International

Advocacy for camel keepers, policymakers, traders, consumers, etc is the immense need of time. all the stakeholders should be taken on board while making policies for food and agriculture, especially regarding camels and related aspects. Camel milk is attracting the attention of people at the global level because of many reasons, the main reasons are the climate and health sensitivity. camel for blog

When I started camel research in 2005, very little information was available on the camel in Pakistan. Very few among the city dwellers were aware of the peculiarities of camel milk, especially milk. There we no information available as a separate entity on camel milk in government economic surveys etc. Camel milk was considered as other milk than cow and buffalo.

Beautiful Kharani camel of Chaghai Kharan region of Balochistan
Beautiful Kharani camel of Chaghai Kharan region of Balochistan

The policy makers were completely blank about the camel and its role in Pakistan. I completed my research/thesis for a Ph.D. on this unique animal and proved its value as a live animal, its role in products, and also its role in culture and heritage. The camel is getting more and more attention at the global level. Pakistani camel is now well documented in breeds and their worth is well defined. Now there are many people who know about camel importance in the cities also. The camel herders already knew it since centuries. My article on a camel as unique and fascinating animal played a pivotal role in camel promotion.

The caravan of Kohi camels with their Suleiman Mountainous pastoralists returning from Mangrota camel fair in DG Khan Pakistan.

Yesterday I visited a camel milk shop in Karachi. It was a great pleasure for me to see a shop with camel milk. The camel is the next superfood indeed and I’m glad that the general public awareness in this regard is increasing. I am so proud and confident of my voice as strong and loud. Superfood (Camel Milk) can Beat the Challenge of Superbug (Bacterial Resistance to Antibiotics)

21 thoughts on “Policy Level Initiatives are Needed for Camel Milk in Pakistan

1. Ramesh Bhatti January 10, 2013 / 7:33 am

Dear Razikji,

this is Grate news, initiative will help to pastoralist for survive and conserve camels. hope it will develop more !

2. raziqkakar January 10, 2013 / 7:38 am

yes, camel has great potential and income from its milk can be a good support for its herders.

3. dianabuja May 7, 2013 / 8:39 am

This AM on BBC Worldservice there was a spot on research being conducted with camel milk showing a positive relationship between its consumption and lower occurances of TB

4. zorro42 May 8, 2013 / 2:25 pm

salut Diana
    je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre visite et pour le suivi,c’est très intéressant ce que vous écrivez.
    A+ j’espère!
    Mustapha
    zorro42.wordpress.com

5. muhammad riaz August 13, 2013 / 3:30 am

at which store marahba camel milk is available

• raziqkakar August 13, 2013 / 12:15 pm

Riaz! It is available in Karachi Saddar.

• Mustapha August 13, 2013 / 7:40 pm

thank you for your visit ,and i see we share the same subject; wa also have this product here in Algeria.
        all the best

• raziqkakar November 12, 2013 / 3:04 pm

I think so. The milk offered to me was pure and the taste was of real camel milk

• raziqkakar November 16, 2013 / 3:54 pm

The bottle offered to me was pure. I do not say yes for all. If you are interested in camel issues please write me email.. raziq2007@gmail.com

6. MohammadAzmat April 4, 2014 / 4:02 pm

my wife is using camel milk since last 4 months nd she is feeling very affective in jint pain

7. abeer July 8, 2014 / 6:53 pm

plz send me ur number and do u have a in quetta adress?

8. Ghulam Murtaza August 14, 2014 / 7:58 pm

Assalam Alykum
    I can avail 100 ltrs. pure camel milk on daily basis but unfortunately don’t have any idea how to preserve it for some time. Hence can’t approach in Karachi or Islamabad. So if anybody interested to start business or Partnership and has the experience. Feel secure to conact me Insha Allah me Ghulam 03332958648

9. raziqkakar October 31, 2014 / 4:10 pm

Reblogged this on Camel, food security and climate change and commented:

Camel milk powder and Ice cream will be soon available in the market as Al Ain dairy is launching these new camel products. Some one can import and convert it to liquid milk. Now camel milk is easy to find and use. Though the best product is the fresh milk produce in natural habitat of camel while browsing on natural fauna.

10. zorro42 November 3, 2014 / 4:19 pm

bonsoir, je vous remercie beaucoup pour la visite et je vous souhaite bonne continuation.
    Mustapha

• raziqkakar August 25, 2016 / 11:20 am

Vous êtes les bienvenus Mustapha . Le lait de chamelle fait vraiment la différence . La course de chameau fait également l’espace en Europe , notamment en France .

11. hamidkhanzada November 5, 2014 / 2:25 am

Quite eager to have the taste of camel milk, searching for ways & means to get the pure product.

• raziqkakar August 25, 2016 / 11:18 am

That is really interesting as you are eager to have camel milk. Please let me know where do you live? Camel milk is now available in many quarters of the world.